Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dick Allen is now.... an Iconic Ballplayer

For some time, I've been raving about and admiring the ICONIC BALLPLAYERS collection created by California based artist Peter Chen. If you have not seen Peter's masterpieces - he has created a set of breathtaking portraits featuring baseball greats. What makes this special is the classic jumbotron formatting style he has perfected. My favorite early releases include: Dave Parker, Mike Schmidt, Willie Stargell, and the utterly amazing Oscar Gamble.



Clearly I am not the only one to notice.... as Peter was recently featured in both UNIWATCH and ESPN.COM.

It wasn't long before started following him on FACEBOOK, checking back every couple of days to admire the new additions to his collection of baseball superheroes. I was excited when I discovered Peter was selling these portraits printed as unique / original / signed gold-foil art prints. It was just a matter of time.

Believe me, it took an incredible amount of will-power to not purchase the Oscar Gamble portrait sitting out there for sale. But, I was holding out for something else... I knew it was going to be just a matter of time before Dick Allen showed up in this portfolio.

I couldn't stand the thought of someone else having the print. Rather than take the chance that I miss the release - I decided to take things into my own hands and contacted Peter to commission him to create a Dick Allen jumbotron portrait for me. He was gracious and willing particpant in my obsession. Seriously, Peter is a great guy to work with. He even went as far as sending me a prototype design and listening to my feedback for the final product.

I am happy to announce my original Peter Chen arrived yesterday, and it is BEAUTIFUL. Each bulb in the jumbotron display is a gold foil dot. Truly an original idea and a simply amazing work of art. Currently I am on the prowl for just the right frame and the perfect location to display in my office.


0 comments:

Post a Comment