Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

1975 Topps Traded Project: Tim McCarver

I quickly made this 1975 Tim McCarver "traded" card after getting a request from a friend. He needed it as a gag before Game 3 of the World Series tonight. Appropriately he his talking.

I watch a lot of baseball. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I just can't stand listening to the drone of national broadcasters during the post season. Joe Buck takes every opportunity to turn the games into a series of overly dramatic moments. Once the home team goes down a run or two, TBS and Fox spend as much time panning the crowd for sad faces as they do showing the players playing the actual game. Former big leaguers are brought in for their knowledge and experience to add color, but they just end up sounding like baboons.

I consider myself in the top half of the population regarding baseball knowledge and understanding of the game, and Tim McCarver's voice has turned into nails on a chalkboard for me. I swear McCarver thinks he is teaching a kindergarten class in baseball 101 to a new crowd each and every day. I'm not the only one that feels this way. He has developed quite a cult following of people that simply can't stand to listen to him anymore. If you don't believe me, type in SHUT UP TIM MCCARVER in your search engine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment