Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hair-itage

I was able to track down the both the Nike and MLB on-line stores selling the "hair-itage" t-shirts. They are only $20.

Plenty of players to choose from, including a couple of ultra cool ones, (in my opinion) led by the Pirates / Willie Stargell and Orioles / Eddie Murray versions. The Nike store has an Athletics / Reggie Jackson version which has caught my eye. I think I am going to order it this week and build it into my gameday attire choices for the upcoming season.

There are so many possibilities for these shirts given the funky and hairy characters of recent (1970s & 1980s) baseball history. One of the first thing that comes to mind is the incredible iconic afro of Oscar Gamble. How about a 1980 Phillies version of Garry Maddox or Pete Rose? 1977 South Side Hit-Men version with Richie Zisk?

I am no graphic artist, but that has not prevented me from playing around and creating a couple of Dick Allen versions.

1972-74 WHITE SOX



1975-76 PHILLIES

1 comments:

Brian said...

These are awesome nice work.

Post a Comment