Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

1976 Phillies infield

Last night I found a nice black and white image of Dick Allen playing for the Phillies that I have never seen before. It was a quiet evening and I had not done any colorizing in a while, so I decided to play around with photoshop to see what I could come up with. After I was done adding the color* - I thought this image might look good as a 1976 Phillies card.

The only problem is, I don't have a decent template for the 1976 Topps design. The one 1976 card I have done was simply a scan in which I added a new photo. So I created a workable 1976 Phillies template. It was pretty easy, except for the black and white graphic of position player. I figured it out.

Now that I had a '76 template, launched another in-my-brain project, to re-do the 1976 Phillies starters. I have started with the infielders. Don't think I am going to have much trouble getting nice Luzinski, Maddox, Boone, and Carlton images for this project - but I might have to work to get a decent Jay Johnstone (he played the most games in RF in 1976).

1B - Dick Allen


2B - Dave Cash

SS - Larry Bowa

3B - Mike Schmidt

* I am not 100% pleased with the colorization of the Dick Allen picture. The red in the helmet and uniform look too maroon. The 1976 Phillies wore a brighter shade of red.

4 comments:

Johngy said...

Very cool.

Jim said...

Great job with all of these. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Anonymous said...

I love the cards. Brings back great memories!!!

Matt Runyon said...

These look great!!!

Post a Comment