Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

DAHOF Top 100 -- #2 Richie Zisk

It is completely illogical for me to love Richie Zisk as much as I do. I have tried to quit him, but I just can't.

The man only played one season for a team I cared about. The only thing I can say is, I was 11 years old. The summer of 1977 shaped my love and passion for the game like no other before or since. The  excitement and magic generated by Zisk and his South-Side Hit-Men teammates was incredible. God Bless Bill Veeck for bringing him to Chicago for that summer.

PITCH AT RISK
TO RICHIE ZISK

2 comments:

Cards That Never Were said...

It is scary how similar our tastes are. I have really enjoyed your top 100.

Dick Allen Hall of Fame said...

Thanks. It was a great way to pass the off-season. I am both sad and pleased it is complete. I need to figure out what I am going to do next.

Post a Comment