Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

DAHOF Top 100 -- #12 Roy Halladay

Every once in a while my house empties out long enough for me to sit and watch a game with no interruptions.

May 29th, 2010 was one of those nights. As I settled into my favorite chair and turned the DirecTV channel to the Phils/Marlins game, I made the quick decision to "keep score" using the new iPad app I had recently acquired. It was the first time I had sat down and tried to score a live game. The results were magical.

Twenty-seven Marlins hitters came to to the plate against Phillies ace Roy Halladay, and twenty-seven were retired. He struck out 11. The offense scratched an unearned run against Josh Johnson and delivered a 1-0 victory, Halladay became the 20th pitcher in Major League history to fire a perfect game.

Over the years, I have seen the final outs of many no-hitters. But outside of a six inning white-washing in one of my little league games, I had never actually witnessed a no-hitter from start to finish. What a rush.

0 comments:

Post a Comment