Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Beat the Streak 2011

A couple of seasons ago, I decided that I don't want to play fantasy baseball anymore. I never felt right rooting for a player to do something that might hurt my favorite team. As such, I never drafted and Braves, Mets or Marlins and was always handicapped in the competition.

For those of you that have never played "Beat the Streak" -- it is a nice alternative to the long and detailed grind of a fantasy baseball season. The rules are simple: pick one player, any player, and if he gets a hit your streak continues. I thought it might be fun to create a Dick Allen Hall of Fame "beat the streak" group and invite all the followers to participate. It doesn't cost any money and if you are the first person to reach 57 games in a row, you could win over $5 million.

Interested? It is simple.
1) Go to MLB.COM's Beat the Streak page HERE
2) If you don't have one, create a user ID (you only need an email)
3) Search the groups and Join the "Dick Allen HOF" group.

I have set it to "public" I will post standings and fun commentary if we get enough interest and participants. Let me know if you have any questions or problems joining the group.

0 comments:

Post a Comment