Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1961 Topps Sox

Yesterday, for no reason whatsoever, I started colorizing a recently discovered (and now one of my favorite) black & white images of Carlton Fisk in the Bill Veeck era part II uniform. As I was doing it, I decided I should make another attempt at Richie Zisk. I have been looking and looking and have not found a nice clear color picture of Zisk with the 1977 Sox. While it takes a lot of time, the more I work with colorizing black and white images, the more confident I feel in doing it. I am not claiming perfection, but the results are acceptable.

When I was done, I decided to throw these two into a simple 1961 Topps template to show them off. Just for the heck of it, I also included some other recognizable Sox players from that era to make a mini set. If anyone has clean color images of Chet Lemon, Oscar Gamble, or Wilbur Wood in these uniforms, and would like to share -- I would be eternally thankful.

Carlton Fisk

Richie Zisk

Bucky Dent

Goose Gossage

Ralph Garr

Harold Baines


Johngy said...

Those are fantastic. The only way it could have been better would be with a Mike Squires card! Great, great work!

White Sox Cards said...

I concur! Absolutely stunning!

Post a Comment