Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1961 Topps Sox

Yesterday, for no reason whatsoever, I started colorizing a recently discovered (and now one of my favorite) black & white images of Carlton Fisk in the Bill Veeck era part II uniform. As I was doing it, I decided I should make another attempt at Richie Zisk. I have been looking and looking and have not found a nice clear color picture of Zisk with the 1977 Sox. While it takes a lot of time, the more I work with colorizing black and white images, the more confident I feel in doing it. I am not claiming perfection, but the results are acceptable.

When I was done, I decided to throw these two into a simple 1961 Topps template to show them off. Just for the heck of it, I also included some other recognizable Sox players from that era to make a mini set. If anyone has clean color images of Chet Lemon, Oscar Gamble, or Wilbur Wood in these uniforms, and would like to share -- I would be eternally thankful.

Carlton Fisk


Richie Zisk


Bucky Dent


Goose Gossage


Ralph Garr


Harold Baines

2 comments:

Johngy said...

Those are fantastic. The only way it could have been better would be with a Mike Squires card! Great, great work!

Steve Gierman said...

I concur! Absolutely stunning!

Post a Comment