Speaking of UNI WATCH... today Paul features Dick Allen as he introduces the concept of: "The most uni-notable player of all time".
Paul's case for Dick Allen:
1) He wore a helmet while playing in the field
2) He wore glasses
3) He wore white shoes while playing for two different teams
4) He smoked while in uniform
5) He wore his high school & graduation year on his back
If there was a hall-of-fame for baseball coolness, Dick Allen would be one of the first inductees. I am sure there are others that can make strong cases. Just off the top of my head:
- Tito Fuentes with a head-band over his hat
- George Hendrick with a visor
- Omar Oliveras wearing "00" in 1995 as his number to match is initals
Not an error if you don't touch it!
4 hours ago