Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Spring has sprung

Today it begins. Pitchers and catcher reported to Spring Training today, starting what appears to be a very enjoyable summer of Phillies baseball. If you have never been to Spring Training, I highly recommend it. The atmosphere in Clearwater is great. Even if you don't go see a game at the stadium, most days you can watch the minor league Phils practice at the complex right next to the stadium. I have been 3 or 4 times and have enjoyed it every year.

It is a long season...and many strange things can and will happen. But if Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels can stay healthy AND the bullpen, offense, and defense perform as expected, it should be a very memorable season. I can't wait.

If you have not noticed, I have started posting things that don't specifically have to do with Dick Allen. I will continue to post DA items and stories as I run into them -- but I am going to expand the focus of my blog a bit to include more things about the Phillies and my passion for baseball photography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment