Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

My cards: 2010 Chance Ruffin

As a kid I was an avid baseball card collector, I still have most of my card collection now 30-40 years later. In case you don't already know, I am also a serious baseball photographer. I shoot a lot of college and minor league games during the summer. Recently (the last couple of years) my images have been picked up by the baseball card companies. I still get a kick in seeing an image I created show up on a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of cardboard with a chance of it being in someone's attic or basement decades from now.

To the left is an image I took and to the right is a card of a Detroit Tigers draft pick named Chance Ruffin (yes, he is Bruce Ruffin's son). The original image I took had him in his Texas Longhorns uniform. Topps air-brushed a Tigers uniform on him.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Very, very cool. I'd love to see which of your other pictures made it onto cards.

Fleerfan said...

Congrats on having one of your photos chosen for a card. Please continue to post any other photos that get used for cards in the future.

Post a Comment