Monday, February 21, 2011

My cards: 2010 Chance Ruffin

As a kid I was an avid baseball card collector, I still have most of my card collection now 30-40 years later. In case you don't already know, I am also a serious baseball photographer. I shoot a lot of college and minor league games during the summer. Recently (the last couple of years) my images have been picked up by the baseball card companies. I still get a kick in seeing an image I created show up on a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of cardboard with a chance of it being in someone's attic or basement decades from now.

To the left is an image I took and to the right is a card of a Detroit Tigers draft pick named Chance Ruffin (yes, he is Bruce Ruffin's son). The original image I took had him in his Texas Longhorns uniform. Topps air-brushed a Tigers uniform on him.


Jim said...

Very, very cool. I'd love to see which of your other pictures made it onto cards.

Fleerfan said...

Congrats on having one of your photos chosen for a card. Please continue to post any other photos that get used for cards in the future.

Post a Comment