Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Phillies Wall of Famers

I recently discovered this very cool painting depicting a locker room scene with the All-Time Greats of the Philadelphia Phillies. Of course, I was very please to see Dick Allen is included in the middle of the group, with Mike Schmidt's arm wrapped around him. Click on the image to see a larger version. If I made any errors on identifying the players, please let me know. I think I got them all right.



(Standing) Jimmy Rollins, Lenny Dykstra, Larry Bowa, Darren Daulton, Chase Utley, Cole Hamels, Steve Carlton, Ryan Howard, Chuck Klein, Dale Ennis, Mike Schmidt, Dick Allen, Johnny Callison, Robin Roberts, Jim Konstanty, Jim Bunning, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Tug McGraw, Bob Boone, Tony Taylor, Gary Maddox, Harry Kalas, Richie Ashburn. (Seated) Phanatic, Paul Owens, Charlie Manuel, Dallas Green.

4 comments:

funksteady said...

Really cool blog. When i started following baseball, Dick was ending his career with tha A's but over the years I heard so many stories about him that he became a favorite of mine, though I never got a chance to see him play.
It's really great that you share your passion for one of the great under-appreciated star of the game.
I'd like to know how they can have a Jim Rice in the HOF but not Dick Allen...
That is just nonsense.
Keep up the good work!

Dick Allen Hall of Fame said...

Thanks FUNKSTEADY!

Your comment inspired me to organize and post my long delayed updated gallery of the 1977 Dick Allen Oakland A's images I have collected.

npom said...

Great picture. Any idea where to get a copy? Watching Crash play was a pleasure. If he came along 10 years later he'd have been the home run king.

Michael K said...

I just took a tour of Citizens Bank Park a few days ago and this artwork is displayed on a wall above the Diamond Club's interior entrance. Note that the artist worked Pete Rose into the piece twice - the rose in the vase on the table in front of Dallas Green (with dropped petals), and also in the baseball being bobbled by Bob Boone (reference to the 9th inning play in Game 6 of the 1980 World Series). Pretty cool.

Post a Comment