Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame

Last month, Dick Allen was selected to be enshrined in the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame. The actually ceremony will take place in November. I am working my schedule to possibly be there.

Here is the article from The Inquirer. With some great quotes. The comments at the bottom reflect the continued controversy surrounding the man.

On fans: "I get stopped all the time by these [middle-aged] fellows whose dads had taken them to the ballpark, I appreciate them. And they appreciate me. Because I didn't cheat them."

On the Hall of Fame: "I don't even know how that [Hall voting] works, Do you politic or something like that? I think everything speaks for itself. Possibly if I'd been a little kinder to writers or maybe the right person along the way . . . but I'm pretty satisfied with the way things have turned out, with or without it."

It is time to end the wait.. it is time for the veteran's committee to elect Dick Allen to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO WAS BETTER NOBODY ONLY GUYS LIKE MAYS MANTLE AARON CLEMENTE WERE MAYBE AS GREAT MAYBBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment