Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Big Hair and Plastic Grass

It has been a while since I have posted anything. The start of the baseball season is always a very busy time for me. I have been pretty busy watching and shooting games. I also recently launched my re-branded photography site, Season Ticket Photos. My internet connection has been very busy uploading photos I have taken. Now we have entered May, hopefully I will be able to get back into the groove of regular posts.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from this reader. I would have posted something sooner, but the message got filtered out and put into my junk-email folder. Lesson learned.... do a quick survey of your junk-email folder every once in a while, you might find something important:

Hey there -

I recently stumbled across your excellent Dick Allen blog. He's a hero of mine, as well, and (along with Mark Fidrych and Dock Ellis) a major inspiration behind my forthcoming book, Big Hair & Plastic Grass.

I added your link to my
Big Hair blog home page - if you see fit to do the same for mine, I would be most appreciative... but no pressure! Mostly, I just wanted to say thanks for compiling so much great info and photos on one of the baddest dudes of all time!

Rock on,
Dan


Thanks for the note Dan. I have added your site to my baseball reading rotation. I am also pre-ordering your book from Amazon. That picture of Oscar Gamble you used on the cover is one of my favorites of all time.

3 comments:

leather handbags said...

Thanks for your info, This really have been very useful...

foster freezer said...

There should be more initiatives like this one. Nice post... Thanks!

nitro rc cars said...

Wow! You are the best. Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable info!
Smiles to you,
Chiara

Post a Comment