Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Baseball Digest

If you are looking at this site... chances are you are interested in baseball from the 1960s and 1970s. Back in those days we did not have constant coverage from MLB TV, ESPN, or the world wide web. Our baseball news came from newspapers and magazines and infrequent television broadcasts. One of the key sources I remember for junkies like me was Baseball Digest. It was the only magazine 100% dedicated to baseball.

I discovered this morning that the entire Baseball Digest collection is now available on-line from Google Books. This includes everything in the magazine: covers, articles, photos, advertisements.

Warning: once you start looking through this library it is very hard to stop. I have already lost a couple of hours of productive work time -- and I have only just started.

Here are the links to the Baseball Digest Magazines with Dick Allen on the cover:

Enjoy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment